An accredited jewellery retailer
Buying from a JAA accredited jewellery retailer means you can be assured you’re buying from the most knowledgeable and ethical jewellers in Australia.
A JAA accredited jewellery retailer agrees to adhere to the JAA Jewellery Industry Code of Conduct, giving you confidence and peace of mind.
Accredited jewellery retailers meet a strict criteria which ensures they have been trading for a minimum of 3 years, are adequately insured, have had no serious matters brought before a consumer affairs department and employ an individual with one of the following classes of accreditation:
- Accredited Jewellery Consultant
- Accredited Jewellery Specialist
- Accredited Manufacturing Jeweller
- Accredited Master Jeweller
Accredited individuals can be identified by:
- An A4 certificate
- JAA lapel pin
- Post nominals 'JAA'
There are a number of benefits for using a JAA Member for all your jewellery needs, but the most valuable for you is peace of mind and comfort that your jeweller has agreed to a Code of Conduct in regard of quality, workmanship and customer service.
A piece of jewellery made with precious metals and gemstones is an instant heirloom that can be passed down through generations. When you buy a dazzling piece of fine jewellery, you’re making an important purchase and significant investment. Trust all your valued jewellery purchases to a JAA member - when you shop at a Jewellers Association of Australia (JAA) member store, you can be assured that you are working with some of the most knowledgeable and trustworthy jewellery retail professionals in the industry.
JAA member companies include independent jewellery retailers, multi-store jewellery retailers, jewellery manufacturers and suppliers, jewellery designers and brands, and service providers to the jewellery industry.
Find a JAA Accredited Jewellery Retailer
- Look for the 'JAA Accredited Jewellery Retailer' logo on the door (pictured below), displayed in the store, in the store’s marketing or on their website
- Look for the 'JAA Accredited Jewellery Retailer' counter card (pictured below)
- Look for the 'JAA Accredited Jewellery Retailer' certificate on display in store
- Ask your jeweller if they are a JAA Accredited Jewellery Retailer
- A listing of JAA Accredited Jewellery Retailers in your area is also available by clicking here